Coaching for Relationships, Dating, Intimacy & Personal Growth
The Benefits of “Giving In” – So Coaching can Change Your Life
When we say “coaching,” we’re talking about life coaching, but that phrase drags with it a lot of linguistic baggage. People hear life coaching, and they often have a negative preconception of this approach to working with a therapy professional. Coaching is actually a really good word for the work we’ll do together during these sessions. It is very much like an athlete training with a coach. As your coach, I offer guidance, support, techniques, and inspirational pep talks to get you across the finish line. As the athlete, you’re training to be the best in one area of your life where you may be struggling. Learn more by reading this page, or reach out to me.
What is Coaching?
As a coach, I partner with individuals who need someone to help them move the line in one area of their life. During coaching, you’ll present me with an issue you’re facing: “I need to improve, change, understand, etc.” As your coach, I’ll provide the: “Here is how you get there,” in response to your goals. It’s really that simple.
Top Reasons People Work with me for Coaching
It’s common for people who are struggling in one particular aspect of their lives to seek coaching. There are many beneficial ways to utilize coaching and work toward self-improvement in specific aspects, including some areas where I have professional expertise like:
- Dating Drama (i.e. nerves)
- Relationships Issues (lack of trust, poor communication)
- Performance anxiety (at work, in bed)
How is Coaching Different from Therapy?
While many people benefit from individual counseling, others are simply not comfortable with the idea. Some of my clients are struggling with one particular issue or challenge they want to overcome, but don’t feel that therapy is the right setting. Some people feel stable and capable of navigating difficult or complex situations, but there’s one particular hurdle they can’t seem to jump. If you’re trying to decide whether you’re looking for coaching or therapy, the easiest way to determine which is right for you is to schedule a consultation with me to discuss your needs.
In the meantime, consider some of the benefits of coaching compared with traditional talk therapy:
- Very specific – focus on a single situation, relationship, difficulty you want to overcome.
- Short-term – if you’re on a deadline or trying to push yourself to make real progress, coaching can be a beneficial short-term solution.
- No diagnosis needed – therapy often feels very clinical. You are struggling with this diagnosis, and we can develop a plan to treat this diagnosis. Coaching is focused on maximizing your skills to achieve goals rather than any specific diagnostic concerns.
- Action-oriented – in therapy, we work together to find solutions over time. I ask clients questions like “What do you think you should do?” During coaching sessions, it’s much more direct. “What do you want to achieve?” Then, we work together to determine how to get there.
Let’s Work Together to Achieve Your Goals!
If you’re interested in learning more about how coaching can help improve specific areas of your life, contact me today. I’d love to talk to you about your concerns and goals.