Sex therapy in New York
Online Relationship & Sex Therapy for New York Residents
Sex and relationships can be a fulfilling and satisfying part of our lives that bring us joy, fulfillment, and pleasure. When relationships aren’t going well, they can also be a source of dysfunction, distress, and outright disaster. If your love life is a constant source of difficulty or you want to make a change for the better, I hope you’ll consider visiting Rhode Island Sex Therapy to receive online relationship and sex therapy for New York residents. You can learn more about these services on this page or by getting in contact with me.
Meet Dr. Michael Stokes
Thank you for your interest in individual and relationship therapy with me, Dr. Michael Stokes. I’m a licensed mental health counselor and a certified AASECT Certified sex therapist through the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists. In my therapy practice, I help individuals and those in relationships to explore their sexuality, understand how to build better relationships, and achieve personal goals.
While Rhode Island Sex Therapy primarily focuses on counseling for couples and relationships, I also have skill and experience offering a wide range of therapy services, including:
- Coaching – this is similar to therapy, but it takes a more specific, focused approach to help individuals answer questions or develop skills to achieve a specific goal.
- Individual therapy – therapy services are great for individuals who want to make a change in their lives, increase self-awareness, develop skills to overcome adversity, or learn how to create better relationships.
- LGBTQIA+ affirming therapy – I’m proud to welcome LGBTQIA+ individuals and couples to visit me for therapy services in a nonjudgmental environment where people can feel safe exploring and expressing any sexual or gender identity.
- Sex therapy – sometimes, sex is great, but when intimate relationships go wrong, people often feel embarrassed or internalize their struggles with intimacy. I am here to lend an ear to listen to your story as well as providing support and guidance to help you make a positive change.
If none of the above concerns sound like what you need, I may still be able to help. I provide a variety of therapy services for individuals, couples, and those in modern relationships (open marriages, polyamorous partnerships, triads, etc.). Through my years of advanced training and experience, I offer evidence-supported solutions to help you achieve real, positive change and growth.
Benefits of Online Therapy
Online therapy has been around almost as long as the internet, but it has, only recently, become one of the main ways that people receive therapy. If you’re still on the fence about telehealth therapy services, consider some of the benefits of this option, including:
- Convenience – you can quickly and easily engage with your therapist online from your home or office. There’s no need for traveling to and from the practice or giving explanations to your boss, coworkers, or loved ones about where you’re going.
- Relaxed environment – even though I try my best to create a welcoming, comfortable practice for all of my clients, not everyone feels completely at ease visiting a therapy practice. When you’re in the comfort of your own home, you may feel more relaxed and ready to talk about what’s going on in your life.
- Accessibility – right now, therapists are in high demand, and it can be difficult to find a local clinician who is offering the specific counseling services you’re after. Through online therapy, I’m able to provide the same level of expertise to clients who live around the corner or two states away.
I’m Here When You’re Ready to Chat
If you’re interested in learning more about how online relationship and sex therapy for New York residents can help you, contact me today. I’d love to talk to you about your concerns and goals.