Sex Therapy in Connecticut
Online Relationship & Sex Therapy for Connecticut Residents
Our relationships bring stability and joy into our lives. They give us someone to hold onto when life is challenging and someone to laugh with during life’s joyful moments. So, what happens when relationships aren’t what we expect them to be, or they don’t give us what we need to feel satisfied? These relationships either end, or they change. If you want to make a change in your relationship, learn more about yourself in relationships, or develop skills to build better relationships, I’m here to help. You can learn more about online relationship and sex therapy for Connecticut residents on this page or by contacting Rhode Island Sex Therapy for a consultation.
Meet Dr. Michael Stokes
I’m Dr. Michael Stokes, a licensed mental health counselor and a sex therapist. I work with individuals and couples to understand what they want and need in relationships, explore their sexuality, and build healthier, more satisfying lives.
In my relationship and sex therapy practice, I focus on counseling for couples and relationships, but I also provide a variety of other therapy options, including:
- Coaching – like therapy but geared toward finding answers for specific questions, solutions for difficult situations, or paths to achieve individual goals.
- Individual therapy – whether you’re single or in a relationship, I can offer therapy services to help you build better relationships in the future, change problematic behaviors, and generally lead a fulfilling life.
- LGBTQIA+ affirming therapy – I welcome individuals in the LGBTQIA+ community, and I’m happy to offer LGBTQIA+ affirming individual and couples therapy.
- Sex therapy – when sex doesn’t feel right (physically or emotionally) your relationships may suffer. I can help you examine your intimate relationships and better understand your wants and needs and how to talk with your partner(s) about those wants and needs.
I also offer therapy options to help those dealing with a range of other concerns, utilizing evidence-based counseling approaches to help individuals, couples, and partnerships (open relationships, polyamory, triads, etc.) achieve a variety of goals, grow closer together, and develop more meaningful relationships.
Benefits of Online Therapy
No form of therapy is right for everyone, but if you’re open to it, online counseling for individuals and couples offers many benefits, including:
· Convenience – no need to drive to and from an office for therapy, no need to explain where you’re going to coworkers or loved ones. Just sit down in front of your smartphone, tablet, or computer and talk to a skilled, certified therapist from wherever you are.
· Relaxed environment – you can hold your therapy session from wherever you feel comfortable. In a relaxed environment, you may feel more willing to open up and share with your therapist.
· Accessibility – if there’s not a relationship and sex therapy specialist in your area, you can work with me from anywhere in Connecticut.
I’m Here When You’re Ready to Chat
If you’re interested in learning more about how online relationship and sex therapy for Connecticut residents can help you, contact me today. I’d love to talk to you about your concerns and goals.